On this page, you will find helpful sports nutrition articles and abstracts culled from 47 nutrition and exercise journals from July 2015.
The articles below were selected only if they included research in humans, although exceptions were made for particularly interesting and relevant work. They are available to you free of cost or obligation.
Vitamins and Antioxidants
Overall diets and timing of meals
- Moore, Nutrition to Support Recovery from Endurance Exercise: Optimal Carbohydrate and Protein Replacement
- Spendlove et al., Dietary Intake of Competitive Bodybuilders
- Kiens & Astrup, Ketogenic Diets for Fat Loss and Exercise Performance: Benefits and Safety?
- Paoli et al., The Ketogenic Diet and Sport: A Possible Marriage?
- Veasley et al., The Effect of Breakfast Prior to Morning Exercise on Cognitive Performance, Mood and Appetite Later in the Day in Habitually Active Women
- Dickenson et al., Consumer attitudes about the role of multivitamins and other dietary supplements: report of a survey
- Rech et al., Dietary analysis of full marathon runners over 50 years of age: a retrospective study
- Austin et al., Predictors of Dietary Supplement Use by U.S. Coast Guard Personnel
- Rosa-Lima et al., Protein carbonyl levels correlate with performance in elite field hockey players
Nutrition for the aging population
Nitric oxide, arginine, citrulline, and other regulators of vasodilation and blood flow